The first one was actually made my our Danish roommate, but is traditionally Norwegian. My two flatmates then made fiskekake, which when translated, simply means fish cakes. They are essentially just fish and flower squished into balls, and ta da, you have a fish cake. They served it with vegetables, and a Danish Sauce. The vegetables and Danish Sauce where really good, but the fish cakes themselves were interesting. It is not that they tasted bad, just I am not sure that I would buy them.
| fiskekake, potatoes and sauce |
The last dish I will tell you about was prepared by our fellow Canadian friend, who has been living in Norway for 5 years, and her Norwegian boyfriend. It was called Viltgryte, and it contained wok veggie mix, bacon, ground beef, sour cream, goat cheese, sour cream, and this sauce called, "Hunters Sauce." It was also very good, and was served over mashed potatoes. They served it with an Orange Drink called, "Solo" which their slogan is something to the effect of, "it is about to be world famous". I think the Norwegians are on to something, because these stew like dishes are absolutely delicious.
| Viltgryte |
No comments:
Post a Comment